What do I need to dive ?
For those who are considering diving courses and wondering what equipment is needed, hereis a brief summary.
First, be aware that by taking scuba lessons in our school you don´t have to worry about the equipment; We provide it, depending on your level.
In addition, the equipment varies according to the geographical location and the depth to which you wish to dive.
- The basic equipement (fins, mask, snorkel) also allows to practice the activity of snorkeling .
– The tank (diving cylinder ), filled with compressed air ( mixture of nitrogen and oxygen).
– A stabilizing jacket and a loading belt.
– The regulator is used to breathe underwater; it also tells us how much air is left in the diving bottle.
Some regulators are equipped with compass and depth gauge.
The dive computer: His use is strongly recommended because i indicates simultaneously the depth at which one is, the time that one can stay at this depth and the total time since the beginning of the dive.
- A diving suit: it main function is to protect from the cold. There are several types and thicknesses depending on the temperature of the water:
For a dive in the Tayrona park a wetsuit is sufficient.
In our diving school, all equipment is provided in compliance with the safety standards required bylaw.